Thursday, September 22, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. This weekend is the Women's Half Marathon in Nashville! :) Here's a blast from the past... me and Colleen (my best friend and training buddy) before the women's half in 2010:



This will be my second time running this race! Last year, the women's half was my VERY FIRST half marathon! I'm hoping that, a year later, this will be (a) easier to run and (b) that I can beat my time from last year.

I can't believe I've been a half-marathoner for a year! I remember how terrified I was to run this race last year because I was convinced that I wouldn't be able to finish! I walked the last two miles in tears because it was so hard. Now I routinely run 13+ miles in training... Crazy how much a person changes in a year!

2. Paper writing is the root of all evil... but somewhere deep deep deep down inside, I really enjoy writing papers. I will NEVER admit that outside of this blog, but there's nothing better than completing a 30 page manuscript after months of hard work!

Here's a figure from the paper I'm working on now...



3. Have I ever mentioned how blessed I am to have such awesome friends? Coming up on the anniversary of my first half marathon has made me realize how much things really have changed over the past year. If you told me this time last year that I would be single and dating again, I would've laughed until I peed my pants! But the one thing the past year has taught me is that I'm stronger than I ever imagined and a lot of that has to do with having an amazing support system in my friends and family. My ex convinced me that I was going to be alone and that I was nothing without him. How TOTALLY UNTRUE that statement was! I have the world's most awesome friends! :) Here are some pics to show how truly awesome they all are (shown in order that I met them, lol):

My sister, Jamie:


Charlie and Elizabeth:


Micah and Eloise:


Beth (with baby Zander):


Misty, David and baby Charlotte:


Colleen and Kait:


Joel and Melissa:


Ashley and Nathan:

No comments:

Post a Comment